Congratulations, class! If you've been keeping up with class, you have all now successfully made your first "animatics". One could make an argument that this is the hardest part. One can go the distance, slaving away at an animation, but if the animatic isn't strong, if it's confusing, if specific movements and storytelling ques aren't addressed, it can be all for nothing.
We've reached the fun part. Actual animating! Drawing lots and lots and lots and lots of little pictures.
There is a little over a month left of school and we will be working in groups of 3 or 4 to finish 1 of the animatic.
1) Final showing of animatics. 8 - 8:20
2) Vote for best animatics
3) make groups based upon animatics
4) demonstration about animation philosophy; speed vs. accuracy and how much you can get away with in terms of inconsistency.
5) . Discuss within your group who will do what.
6) Lip Sync exercise: Videotape dialogue from the chosen animatic. Do drawings of a sentence to practice.